Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 14, 2006

Reflections Of

As I reflect over the topics I've discussed on my blog, I imagine there are probably some who might disagree with my opinions on the subjects I write about. They are free to feel that way and disagree with anything I write. However, I am also free to write as I feel and, in regards to the personal events in my life, free to describe the events as they occurred. I have not embellished in any fashion whatsoever any of the events that have happened in my life (I have no reason to since the truth is stranger than fiction). Believe me when I say, that there are things I wish that didn't happen to me the way they did, but they did. Those incidents also did some damage. My manner of damage control is to write about what happened. The truth is on my side but people are free to believe what they want. We do live in a free society. Perhaps some are afraid of the truth. I do not write with the intention of hurting anyone, but simply to set the record straight and to set myself free. It is good for the mind and body to do so. It is for my own sake, but with the hopes that perhaps someone else could possibly get something out of it as well. It seems today on the Internet everyone wants to tell everyone else how to think, how to feel, and what they can and can not write about. As ridiculous as it sounds, some even threaten to have them arrested. Arrested? For what? What crime has been committed? Felony to recite truthful personal experiences, opinions, and thoughts on the Internet?
Then I think millions of people around the world are committing felonies, and I'm sure the police have a special taskforce specifically set up to stop this from continuing.
No. Of course not (unless the United States became a communist country and no one told me. Why didn't someone tell me?). Like the police aren't busy enough dealing with real crimes like, say, oh, I don't know, maybe...murders, illegal drugs, and robberies. As far as reciting personal events that one has experienced, and their own opinions about said events, it is not a crime...at least in the United States and the rest of the free world. It is known as freedom of speech. I don't even have much profanity on my blog (I try to keep it as clean as possible). However, even if I did, I'm not sure that that is necessarily a crime either. If I threaten to kill someone on my blog, that would be a crime (and a really sick one too!). If I am telling a story of what has happened to me, that is not a crime (but it is if it isn't made into a movie! hint hint, Hollywood).
Remember:
  • Only the people involved know what happened for certain
  • I have nothing to gain from lying,

and, most importantly

  • Aliens are among us (ok, I admit on this last one I went a little off topic, but what the hay)
Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home