Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Are We Really Free?

Time has flown by yet again. I try to focus on keeping my blog up to date but I get distracted by other endeavors and by my mood shifts. It has been quite difficult for me to maintain any kind of goals in life. Everything interests me yet I have no real passion. I wish I could choose to just "be" and not have to be forced into choosing a career. We fool ourselves into thinking we are free but are we really? If I want to buy an antibiotic because I feel a cold coming on can I just walk into a store and buy it off the shelf? No, I have to get a prescription from a doctor who is basically giving me permission to buy something that I already know I need. How does this make any sense? Why do I need permission from some stranger to get something that I want to take for my own body? So we are not completely free, even in the United States (especially in the United States).

Complete freedom in the United States is set aside only for the rich (particularly celebrities). They are free to do what ever they choose and not have to pay any punishment for wrong doing either. They simply use a high priced lawyer to talk their sentence down or wave a sentence altogether. A person who is poor or middle class, on the otherhand, is not afforded these privledges. So essentially with wealth comes freedom, and furthermore, if one reaches a high enough level of wealth then one is even free from having to work. So it is not really freedom for all, just for some

I guess my main reason for not wanting to be forced into choosing a career is simply due to the difficulty I have in choosing one. I don't know what I want to do even at the age I am at now. To me all careers sound so interesting yet I know that after I start working towards one of them I will quickly lose interest. It's generally been that way my whole life and I guess no one really noticed a problem. I knew there was a problem but I also have no way of fixing the problem. I believe psychiatrists are supposed to solve these kinds of things (but I could be wrong, I'm presently still checking into that). Perhaps I expected too much from the people that were supposed to help me. It's certainly possible. Unfortunately, I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home